The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) exists to promote and recognize high standards of scholarship in California students and schools.
- Membership is based on scholarship.
- Membership is determined during the semester following when the qualifying grades were earned.
- Membership lasts 1 semester only.
- For membership, students must re-submit an application for each academically eligible semester.
- A point system specified in the CSF State By-Laws establishes the membership requirements.
- Membership eligibility is calculated by earning sufficient points from the pre-approved course lists.
- The majority of the required membership points must come from UC accepted coursework.
- Life Membership (Sealbearer) is achieved by qualifying for chapter membership for four or more semesters in the last three years of high school, and earns the CSF gold Seal on diplomas and transcripts.
- Each year, American colleges and universities award scholarships to CSF Life Members (Sealbearer).
- Members are also eligible for chapter advisor nomination of the prestigious Seymour Memorial Awards.
The Seymour Memorial Award
Each spring, regional committees choose 50 outstanding CSF Life Members from among candidates nominated by their chapter advisers. This process includes an application, essay, letters of recommendation, and an interview. The final selection is made on the basis of character, leadership, and service. Currently a total of $66,250 has been awarded to the finalists chosen in this process. The award is now regarded as one of the highest scholastic honors given to secondary school graduates in the state of California.
For more information about CSF at Heritage High School, please contact CSF advisor Courtney Ziani at email@example.com
California Scholarship Federation, Advisor